Skip to main content
Finding that I make sure I notice where my body position is each time I put something away. If I can recall the body feeling, the easier it is to remember where it goes.

Think of something that you always remember to do. Maybe you always remember to put your keys away.  It’s because you can feel that key hitting the hook.  The keys are textured and make an imprint in your hand.

This idea that the visuals maybe doesn’t have to be the key way of organizing is revolutionary. All the new ideas opened up to me. I was never taught to be successful. All the systems were set up on vision. What the desk looked like, what the files looked like. I needed to focus on organizing where something felt to my body. It’s a different skill set, that is not focused on in school.

My list on kinesthetic learning in schools is a post that is to come.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sensory issues and organization For people with organization problems, there is an issue of focus that can get in the way of finding the routines of getting started on home organization. Multiple steps of cleaning and organizing a home can cause sensory overload for many people.  How to keep your brain from going into sensory overload? What is the biggest priority to get your goals accomplished? Anxiety can come into play because of keep all of the steps organized and working. Poor visualization can get in the way of remembering the way tasks should be completed. Small parts of a job can be the way to get a job accomplished. Organizing tasks the night before can keep some of the anxiety issues reduced.  Planning each step and getting all the steps done can be a place to start. Using checklists to work through the steps can make sure each part of the goal is completed, because the biggest issue is completing the tasks efficiently each time. Memory and visual processing can be places wh

Creating an above ground pond

I decided that I wanted a pond. I started planning and digging. All was going great, until I hit bed rock about 2 feet down. I was too far down to start all over, so it has become an above ground pool. I started building up the walls with the extra rocks I had available.
Time to Get in the holiday spirit.